Fortune, Charity, Connections, Connviction
"Escape To Your Happy Place"

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Blog assignment 8

I'd like you to reflect on the NationState game. What's working, and what isn't? How is your nation making its decisions, and are you happy with it? Would you like your nation to be more aggressive, or less, or take another route? Do you have an agreed-upon strategy for dealing with other countries or city-states? Are you proactive or reactive? Are there examples in the real world that you are using as models for where you'd like your nation to end up? Which ones and why? 

I think the NationState game is entertaining and It keeps me guessing and thinking of new ways to get over the obstacles it puts in front of our group. It seems to kind of jump around which is not necessarily a bad thing but can be a little confusing. My nation seems to be efficient at working on our assignments in class as we let everyone in group put their two cents in, which really helps. I think my nation has an okay attitude as we are pretty aggressive when we need to be yet always think things through. We don't really have a set strategy for with other countries or city states other than talking it out and thoughtfully making a decision. Even though we instantly went to war with the first other country we came into contact with and beat them in a close-call dice game. Id say my country is more reactive. I see my country ending up like a cross between the United Kingdom in its prime and Denmark; A truly interesting and fun country to live in. I love Denmark, the feel of it, and the atmosphere. The United Kingdom helped create good music and that in it's self is amazing.

1 comment:

Marina Lisovskiy said...

Oh, I like your post! Your group seem to be an interesting one. Like the idea of combining two soooo different models. In order to be able to combine anything, one needs to know well all the "ingredients". That is exactly what we call professionalism.