Fortune, Charity, Connections, Connviction
"Escape To Your Happy Place"

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Blog Assignment 4 due March 14th

6.  The in-class nation simulation has started.  What's working?  What can we (Oden or I) do better?

What's Working
Right now things that are working would be the groups themselves, it seems that people are getting along well and that communication between group member's isn't a problem. Getting the work done by the Thursday at 11:59 pm deadline doesn't seem to be too difficult either.

What isn't Working
I feel like the game needs to be less emotional for Odin, it is hard to ask questions and get a straight response rather than an opinion; though that may just be part of the game. Also the structure is confusing, trying to figure out what needs done now is difficult because we are told everything at once, and then told to disregard certain things until a later date. It's hard to figure out what is actually going to be the grade the following week. We are given so much information and not really told what is important right now, in the actual class. It would be much easier if we had a guide saying what will be done each class and what is due the next, or at least were told more clearly these details. We are not mind readers so it is difficult to prioritize everything that we are told and that is expected of us.

3 comments:

Hilary Francis said...

I would have to agree with you. Our group seems to be working great with eachother. I like how we got grouped together. I also would have to agree with there seems to be a communication break down with Odin wants and needs between us students understanding what is needed and required of us. I think it will be a learning curve gor all.

Unknown said...

I completely agree with you both. I as well am getting along great with my group. However I am also struggling with knowing exactly what is expected, when it comes to the game. Hopefully things begin to work out and become more clear as the game progresses.

Jessicasykes said...

I agree with you! I think the groups are making the class interact with each other (which is great) and we all have fun together! In all my other classes we all sit silently until we have something to say specifically to the teacher...BORING!! Working with the students gets us interacted and really helps the class just be comfortable with each other. I personally think Odin is just extremely creative and wants to show off his imagination...which is great! But I do agree that we often get too much at once (before we break off into groups) and it is challenging to get all the work done in class. We are adults now and most of us work, take care of families and have other reasons why we can't always religiously meet up every week outside of class. Anyways this class is great, nothing like I expected a law class to be so I am happy!!