Fortune, Charity, Connections, Connviction
"Escape To Your Happy Place"

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blog Assignment 7 -- Reflections on the MIdterm

Please refelct on your midtermm assignment and its presentation.  Find an article on group dynamics that roughly approximates what your experience was, and answer the following questions:

http://www.beyondintractability.org/educationtraining/group-projects


1.  In your group were there people who did more than their fair share, and those who did less?  How did that affect your group's performance?  Where would you put your own contribution, among the most or among the least?  On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, please rate your performance compared to the others in the group (5 would be the average contributor).
A.  Showing up :7
B.  Doing your fair share:5
C.  Being on time:8
D.  Responding timely to email and communicating effectively with other members:10
A.  Showing up :7
B.  Doing your fair share:5
C.  Being on time:8
D.  Responding timely to email and communicating effectively with other members:10
F.  Being present in the group -- not distracted by outside cellphone calls or text messages when the group is meeting.:10


I believe there was definitely a few other people in the group who did more than their fair share while others including myself did less.  I was one of the two people absent in my group the day we had our presentation on capitol punishment, so I presented my own a week later on my own and did not get to see me my other group members perform. I researched well enough and my blog up and ready,  but I failed to execute my presentation properly which surely was not 5 minutes. I think on a scale of 1 to 10 I feel I earned a solid 3.

2.  If you could, would you remove a member from your group at this point?  If you could add someone, what would be his or her characteristics that would add to the ability of your group to do its job?  No need to name names.

I would not wan't anyone to join or leave the group. I appreciate all of our group members as we all seem to have good ideas but usually are totally different.


3.  How important were basic workplace rules in your group?  Rate on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, how important the were the following:
E.  Handling conflict among group members :10

5 rules for having fun in the group:

1: Always stay communicated with the other group members.

2: Always try to know what the current group assignment is and keep everyone up to date.

3: Always try to listen to what other group members might have to say and let everyone express their ideas.

4: Everyone should be on the same level and should not have to always rely on the group to the point to where they do not rely on themselves.

5: Speak up and be considerate when others offer criticism which can be and is usually is always helpful




No comments: